When I win the Lottery

When I win the lottery.... man that  is a loaded question really.

Would I continue working, or would I venture out to work on my own doing what I love most? (I don't know what that is except helping others reach their potential)

Would I travel or maybe move somewhere far from home? (this is a possibility but only if I can move all those I love with me....I'm greedy that way)

Would I go back to school to continue learning and get a bunch of useless degrees simply because I can? (there is a 60% chance that something like this will occur.)

Would I donate to charity or maybe start up my own charity to help single teen age moms realize their full potential and give them a chance to prove that being a young mom doesn't stop you from reaching your dreams.  (It didn't stop me!)

The day I win the lottery, it will be a surprise, an off chance that I buy a ticket or decide to join some co-workers in purchasing a bunch of tickets.  That day will be going well, it will be as if I took a potion for luck and all I touch turns to gold.  I will go home that night and remember I should check the lottery but it won't be forefront in my mind, what will be on my mind is the laughs of my children as we make supper, sharing at suppertime all the things that happened during the day and what our plans for tomorrow will be.

Someone in my life will call me and ask if I bought a lottery ticket and I will say "oh yeah, better check those numbers." I will continue to have a conversation with the person that called me but I will check the numbers after the call, grateful that this person has taken the time out of their day to call me.

When I check the numbers I will have to check them three times, I will then sit down in complete stunned silence, because even though I know that this day is coming I won't expect it to be this day. I will then phone my brother, he's an accountant and ask him for the name of a financial advisor that he trusts.  I will then figure out what else to do.

I know I will travel and I will take a year to do it, so that I can go everywhere I want and not feel rushed that I won't see it all.  I know I will buy a small place in my city for my mother to live, it will be ground floor, and in a nice area.  I know I will put money away for each of my children to help them get the start in their lives when they are of age.  I will invest money, top up my RRSPs, and buy some other investments for when I retire.  The lottery won't be the biggest but it won't be the one after the biggest was one either, there will be some substance to it, so that after we get back from travelling and exploring the world I can start a charity organization and fulfill my dreams that way.  Going to school will come as well, but a little at a time.  I'd probably live somewhere on the prairies in Canada with a vacation home in Lake Tahoe, I wouldn't be so pretentious to have a private jet but first class flights only for this traveller from now on!

Leave me a comment below, and Share on Social Media!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}