Earliest Childhood Memory

I have often told my mom things I remember from when I was kid, and my mom gets this weird look on her face and asks me how I could possibly remember that. I don't know but there must have been some huge feeling attached to it because though I can't recall every day of my life I can recall with details many events in my life from the time I was 2 and a half onwards.

So my earliest memory, dates back to when I was two and a half. My parents had divorced and after my uncle passed away my mom decided to move back to Canada.  I am not really clear on the details but this is the information I have learned and pieced together in the past. 

Mom and I moved to Prince Albert, I don't know where we stayed until we found a house, but I do remember going to look at place with Low Income housing in the Carlton Area of the city. I remember the brown and white town houses and looking at them, not knowing that there were multiple units in each, and thinking that was a huge house.  I remember it also being dark inside, it was a middle unit so there wasn't a lot of windows for natural light to come in.

As we walked through the unit, mom and the lady were talking.  I was a precocious child and I would often speak my mind. I interrupted their conversation to ask my mom, "but where will we sleep we didn't bring our furniture." My mom shushed me and told me not to worry about, and she must have explained something to the lady about our situation.

I don't think we lived there very long, but in the time that we did live there I slept on a mattress on the floor with my  pregnant mother. But at some point our furniture did arrive or we flew back down to California to get it, I am not 100% sure. Soon after my sister was born, we moved into a little house right next door to my grandma's.  

Memory is a weird thing though, and I have a lot, I'd love to record them all but that's just for me, who else is really going to be interested in my memories.  HAAHAHA

So what is your earliest memory?

Leave me a comment below, and Share on Social Media!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}