Going to the gym {Friday Five}

I'm participating in a Link up that is hosted by Mar, Cynthia and Courtney. I discovered these ladies through Salt at Run Salt Run!! So each week they have a different topic to blog about and other bloggers will join the topic and conversation so you can read many different perspectives!! It's really cool, make sure you check them out!!

This Week's topic, What's in your gym bag.

Ok I don't have a gym bag I do have a bag that I will fill before I leave for the gym but depending on the activity there are different things included.  But In the spirit of packing a gym bag here are my Five Things I could not do without at the gym

1. Water Bottle

I have to stay hydrated at the gym, whether I'm in a class, running the track, swimming or playing soccer, I never head to the gym without my water bottle. One time my water bottle broke on the way to the gym, I dropped it on the road, so I stopped at the store to buy some water, because there is no way in the world that I will ever go to the gym without a water bottle, they could have water fountains every five feet and I'd still bring a water bottle.

2. Lock

Because there are crooks that go to the gym! So I need to have a lock to lock my car keys and wallet up!! It's very important, I've had stuff stolen from my locker once before and I'll never make that mistake again.

3. Gym Shoes

I think these are a given, but depending on the activity I can have any one of a number of shoes.  Soccer shoes, running shoes, cross training shoes, if it's strictly yoga I may not have anything but sandals, but I've always got gym shoes!!

4. A change of clothes

Yes I can go to the gym and come home in the same outfit, but I don't like too!!! I like to at least change my shirt before heading home. I live in the frigid north, in the winter time it can be a very cold drive home if I've not changed.  Also if I'm playing soccer, I've got soccer socks and shin guards that I refuse to wear home, so those get changed out of after every game.

5. My identification

Because when I go to the gym I don't bring my purse, it's only the gym bag, so I'll throw my wallet in and go!!

Comments

  1. I don't have a gym bag either nor a gym membership. I work out at home and have a great neighborhood to walk or jog through.

    This is my first time linking up with Eat Pray Run Dc and the gang, nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to meet you as well, thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Love it! I'm the same way about my water bottle. Gotta stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i first started going to the gym I didn't bring a water bottle and I hated the work outs but once I started the bringing the water bottle I loved the workouts!!

      Delete
  3. I'm the same way with water. I have been known to forget and not remember until I'm in class but I have no issue stepping out to hit the fountain! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stinks that you had things stolen. boo to that. thanks for linking up and i'm the same about my water bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}