Favourite Childhood book

The best book I ever read as a kid was I Want To Go Home by Gordon Korman.  I loved all Gordon Korman books, This Can't Be Happening At McDonald Hall, Beware the Fish, No Coins Please., all of them but I Want To Go Home is the best.

My friend, Sharon, and I will argue this because she prefers No Coins Please.  She believes it's funnier but I think I Want To Go Home is better. 

In this book a very smart, and unwilling participant is sent to camp by his guidance counsellors. He does everything he can to escape and refuses to participate in any camp activities except arts and crafts and activities where he will be given an advantage and possibility to leave camp.

I remember the first time I was reading this book, my mom had friends over to play Kaiser.  I was in our living room laughing so hard my mom came in to make sure I was ok.  The first time she came in I was laying on the couch regularly, the next time my feet were on the top of the couch and my head was hanging to the floor! I couldn't stop laughing at this kids antics!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}