Renovating our living room

I feel like I am always renovating something in this house.  This is probably a truer statement than I want to admit since EVERY ROOM in this house has been done at least once if not twice, except the master bedroom and ensuite.

When we moved into this house eight years ago the living room was a ghastly sunflower yellow.  Now sunflower yellow is not actually a terrible colour, but when it is on every wall it's overbearing.


Seriously it was so much yellow, it just had to go, so we may have gone complete opposite and went for a beige brown combination.  It worked for eight years, but after awhile the darker brown just started to resemble shit brown and one grows tired of having shit on their walls.  Something had to be done!!!
I'm sure I get a look in my eye and then my husband wants to run for the hills! Like I am about 60% positive this happens because I like to change rooms, either the lay out, the colour, the furniture, but every six months or so I am looking to change things, sometimes it's simple things I can do like updating photos, but usually I need muscle.  Anyone else like that? No just me?

So we went looking for paint colours, something that would make the house more sell worthy, because our plan has always been to move when we've been here for 10 years, and we've got 18 months to go. And on the New Years eve weekend we finished redecorating the front room!! I am so happy with how it turned out!! Let me know in the comments what you think of the after photos!




It was a lot of work, new trim, new paint and new window coverings but I like it and I am happy with it, at least for the next little while!!

Thanks for reading!! Leave me a comment and share on social media if you'd like!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}