My Pick me Ups

When I am feeling down in the dumps,  it's sometimes hard to find ways to feel better about your situation.  There are few things in my tool kit that always help me feel better, and it just takes me making me a priority to set time aside for any one or all these things.

1. A good gym workout, and by this I mean I come out a sweaty disaster.  In these workouts I've lost myself in the music and have pushed myself to the limits to really exhaust my body and when I am working out I am in my own head so I can do a lot of problem solving without outside distraction.

2. A nice long bath.  A bath that is full of bubbles and hot, almost or minimally scalding water, where I just sit and ease myself into becoming one with the water.  Usually I have to half drain the tub and refill it because that's what I need.

3. A good cry, a cry where I do not hold back, I release all the grief and sadness I am keeping from overwhelming me each day, those moments that bring tears to my eyes and when that happens I work extra hard to control them, having a huge release where the ugly cry comes out and I just let those feelings wash wave after wave over me allows me to start fresh.

And then reading a book, a book I've already read, either a young adult novel or a funny Marian Keye's book allows me to laugh again, and to feel genuine joy, not forced joy like I feel when I am feeling down in the dumps, but real actual joy that radiates out of me with my laughter.

What do you do for pick me ups? What always cheers you up?

Thanks for reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}