First Celebrity Crush

I grew up in a era of acid wash jeans, hair bands and NKOTB.  So my first crush would easily be Joey McIntyre.  What a little heartthrob he was!  I still remember being completely and totally in love with him, and even has a young pre-teen, early teen girl I was fairly pragmatic.  He was the youngest and the one that was most within my reach to actually win over.

I mean all my friends had their NKOTB crush, Jordon, Jonathon, Donny and even Danny, and I admit that if Joey had been pushed off the bridge I probably would have set my sights on one of the Knight brothers but that never happened so I continued to have my crush on Joey.

My dad bought me everything New Kids on the Block.  Pencil cases, pencils, t-shirts, posters, books, cds. And I paid him back by making him watch my friend Vanessa and I sing....neither of us are singers nor were we singers back then.  But my dad liked to indulge me in desires and I took full advantage of being center stage for one month a year.

I am sure that at some point prior to NKOTB coming on the stage there were actor crushes, like Leonardo Dicaprio (I need emojis for my blog so you can see me rolling my eyes) and the Corey's.  I call them the Corey's because of the License to Drive movie, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman, but none of these crushes were long lasting, not in comparison to Joey McIntyre!

So if Joey McIntyre every stumbles across my blog, thanks for being a great first celebrity crush, I do not remember in scandals in your time at the top and you didn't seem to spiral into the drugs and alcohol scene and end up dying from and overdose (River Phoenix).  And Joey if you do stumble on this blog and say hi, you will make 12 year old me weak in the knees!!

For everyone else who was your first celebrity crush?

Leave me a comment below, and Share on Social Media!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}