Week 9: Running to SeaWheeze!

Ok I know we missed a week here, but there was literally nothing to report.  I went through a lazy stage, and I just couldn't shake myself out of my funk.  I even binged on some terrible foods and then almost as soon as it started I was ready for it to be over and we are back in the saddle again.

My neighbour may be a huge inspiration to this as well.  In December she got a treadmill (I hate those things, but...) and after her birthday she decided that was it she was going to use the treadmill every day and she has, even if its just for 30 minutes, she gets on that treadmill and gets to work. It's been 11 weeks and you can see a difference already and because she has done it every day it's become a habit for her!! I sat and talked with her this weekend and I was inspired, I need to kick my work outs up a notch and need to get them to become a habit, something I just do every day.  I can't not do them, I have to do a little something everyday, it's the only way this is going to work for me.

So here we are at week 9, and we are making a fresh start.

I'm now going to start with my overall grade and I'm going to include my rubric for marking myself each week.

                  A                                 B                                 C                                D
-a long run was                 -3 short runs                  -2 short runs                 -1 short run completed
completed, with 3            completed                      completed                     -1yoga/ strength session
shorter runs                       -1 yoga session            -1 yoga session
-2-4 yoga sessions           -1-2 strength sessions   -1 strength session
-2-3 strength sessions

I'm aiming for As for the next 20 weeks!!

Overall Grade:

Monday:
Because I gung-ho I have printed off some exercise sessions and some yoga routines to do each day this week.  I'm also joining a yoga studio in town, this week Universoul has $12 drop ins for each of their classes. I'm going to buy a punch pass and then incorporate some yoga classes into my weekly routine. Tonight's class was a Hatha Yoga class, it was amazing!! I love how it builds and builds upon the poses. I felt wonderful after that class, I'm going to try another couple classes this week.  I also went out for a walk again tonight, we completed 4.5 km, it wasn't a run but it was a brisk walk so I will count it as a short run.  Today has been an A+ day, I did some yoga at home, a yoga class and a walk. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Tuesday:
I made it out for a walk today  again with Sara, we completed 4 kms and I did yoga at home by myself!!  It's definitely not as much fun as going to a class, but it will do in a pinch, I actually tried to recreate the flow from the class, that was fun, forgot some of the poses but I think I got a pretty decent workout in.

Wednesday:
No run today, but I did a Zumba/Yoga class at Universoul!! It was Amazing!! I felt worked out and I felt stretched out!! I can't wait to go back to do it again!

Thursday:
I got my 5 km run in today and some yoga!! It was great to get back out there hitting the pavement!!

Friday:
Today there was actually a lot of walking as the boys and I hit up Calgary Zoo!! We got a total of 7 km in while walking around the zoo.  The Zoo has changed their dinosaur exhibit and it's not animatronic so that was pretty cool to see, it was super busy there and they have a couple of interactive areas.  I really enjoyed it I'll write another blog about that soon!

Saturday:
I did some easy yoga stretches today at home, I was going to do my Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD but we just got buys doing family things and cleaning the house.

Sunday:
Today was a day of rest, mostly because I went out Saturday night to a friends house and did not feel like moving at all on Sunday!!

Total Kilometers:20 km
Best Pace: 7:00 mins/ km, I finished my 5 km in 40 minutes and I was able to do the 8:1:30!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract