Week 7 Running to SeaWheeze

I'm still euphoric from running my 10 km last Saturday!! I am so proud of myself and I love talking about it, thinking about, reliving it and planning my next 10km run!!

So here's what happened this week!

Monday: Headed out for a short run, only 3 km this time after the long run on Saturday I didn't want to stress my muscles or over do it!! It was a quick run and I was able to finish it in 23 minutes not quite a personal best but I had increased my running time to 8:1 to see how I did. It wasn't bad, but by the 7th minute I was dying and that eighth minute was pretty slow.  But I did finish so it was pretty good.

Tuesday: This has been the year of sickness!! I don't know what happened but I woke up feeling great, the baby and I were going to go for a walk, but then, I drank some coffee, it was a dark roast which I don't usually drink, and I got sick!! It was not a good sick, not that any are, but this was quick and exhausting!! So my plans for anything were shelved. I started feeling better but it was late for going for a walk or run so I decided just to do Yoga.  I've found that I LOVE yoga and I'm going to join a Yoga studio in town.  I may also join a pilates studio as well since they off the Barre classes that I want to try.

Wednesday:
I felt better today, thankfully, and I'm hopeful this is the last bout of sickness we get.  I went out for a quick run, got 4 km done!!

Thursday:
This was a cross training day. I did my free weight exercises.  Nothing spectacular but I'm trying to start building my daily routine for when I go back to work, it's not going so well, but at least I'm trying.

Friday:
Today I had soccer, it was really late at night, like 10:15 so crazy to be up that late playing soccer.  I made it to 10,000 steps today.  And definitely burned al to of calories playing soccer.

Saturday:

Sunday:
Shopping counts as exercise right?!?!? Ok in my world it does and I walked over 7 km shopping in Calgary on Sunday.  I think that's phenomenal!! Especially when you consider I didn't spend that much money, maybe $200.  How's that for being a proficient window shopper!!

Total Km 14

Overall Grade: C.  With company and being sick, well there you go, it is what it is!! I still have time to get going and once I get my routine down there will be no stopping me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five