Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

A couple weeks ago I was completely sick of my regular menu items, I needed to change things up and I wanted to try something different.  So I headed out to Pinterest to my Recipes I want to try board and picked out two new recipes.  Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs were the first I tried and they were a huge success you can read about them here.  The second was the Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe's.  O-M-G!! They were so GOOOOD!!!

I got the recipe from here.  And I have since moved that pin to the Recipes I have tried board.  It was super easy, at first I thought it was going to be complicated but as I started making the recipe I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was and how few ingredients it actually called for.

Not everyone in the family was a fan of the cheese sauce, but everyone loved the meat and buns!!
The recipe is here.

The only change I'd make is to add a little more spices to it.  I would have liked a little more garlic and maybe some Frank's Red Hot Sauce to..... It wasn't like the traditional sloppy joes with the tomato base but I felt it needed something a bit more.  So it is definitely something I will experiment with until I find the exact combination that my tastebuds are calling for!

I'd recommend this recipe to anyone that enjoys an easy recipe with hamburger.  Just don't burn your buns like I did.  The recipe says to lightly toast your buns and set them aside, so I put two buns in the toaster oven and started toasting them.  A little while later I could smell something burning, so I was stirring the cheese and the hamburger but it wasn't them and I couldn't figure it out then I remembered the buns, they were blackened pucks by the time I pulled them out of the toaster oven.  OOOPS! I was able to properly toast the rest and it's a good thing there are only 4 of us who ate the buns because that was all the buns I had left.

 What is the last recipe you've tried that has worked really well?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}