I'm once again linking up with the girls from DC. Make sure you check out Mar, Cynthia and Courtney's blogs and the other bloggers who join up!!
Today's topic is Favourite Spring Time foods.
I'm stumped, literally stumped, I didn't know there were seasonal foods, I mean I know fruits and veggies have seasons but for favourite foods I am not really sure. This took a lot of thinking, a lot of deciphering what I consider spring foods.
1) Barbecue!! Anything really, I love Barbecue foods and I love them more in the spring or summer. My husband barbecues all the time, every season and that's new for us. Growing up the Barbecue was only ever fired up in the spring or summer so I think that's why I love Barbecue in the spring and sumer.
2) Jello: Mostly the red jellos, but I love jello! It's definitely something I make more in the spring than any other time of the year. It's super easy and fun for the kids.
3) Ice Tea. I know technically not a food, but I don't drink Ice tea in the winter like at all ever and I find Ice Tea so refreshing!
4) Watermelon... Need I say more?? I mean so juicy and yummy and sweet. and the perfect fruit to make Yuk a futz with !!;)
5) Farmer's Market Vegetables: I get that I can get these all year long, with the way the world is now and we importing vegetables from all over the world to always have seasonal fruits and veggies, but there is something about going to the Farmers Market and buying locally grown fresh veggies!!
It was a hard list, but there you go!!
Do you have any favourite seasonal foods? What season is easier to name favourite foods?