30 day challenge Day 12

Your thoughts or opinions about Harry Potter


I am absolutely in love with the Harry Potter franchise.  Finally, a group of characters have been created that both male and female students enjoy and can relate to.  I have been a fan of Harry Potter since I came across the first book and waited on pins and needles for every other book to come out after I had read the third book. 
 
I love the movies and I truly believe they did a great casting job when they chose the actors to play the characters.  I have had a few issues with the movies and I understand about creative licensing, but sometimes they take it to far.  I believe the Goblet of Fire was the first movie where I took against the Harry Potter movie section of this franchise.  It cut out so many wonderful parts of this story and it appeared chopping in some scenes where characters were almost forced to interact.  Had I not read the book I may not have been able to put the story together.  That was the first movie in the franchise that my son had seen and complained about a little because he had gotten lost.  Thus confirming my belief.
 
I do love the movies, but I so love the books more.  I think it would have made a great cartoon series as well.  That way you wouldn't have had to cut out parts of the book because of issues with reality getting in the way of fantasy. 
 
I am looking forward to seeing Part 1 of the final Harry Potter book.  I hope it can live up the expectations I have. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five