FitBit Review

*Disclaimer * I'm not being paid for this review, but if someone at Fitbit would like me to try other products I'd be most willing*

So on the road to a healthy lifestyle, I've cultivated  few tools along the way to help me monitor my progress.  It's one thing to use a scale (which I frankly HATE) and use that as your bench mark but it really doesn't show you everything you need to know and it doesn't keep you accountable.  I have found my biggest success with weight loss was being active and being on my feet for long periods of time during the day and walking.  I wish I'd worn a pedometer back when I was waitressing, I must have walked miles and miles back then.  I've also found that when I am tracking what I eat I have more success and when I use body measurements as well.  I actually find body measurements to be more telling of how far I've come when compared with the scale.

I've used different Apps on my phone, Fitness pal and Lose It, both of which are great for tracking what you eat and giving you a snap shot of where most of your calories are going (Carbs/ protein/ fat).  They can also track your exercises and will show you a daily/ weekly caloric deficit.  An the Health App that came with the new iPhone iOS is neat in tracking your steps.  When I work and I carry my phone with me all the time that will be great but when I'm home I can go hours walking around my house without having my phone on me so that becomes a problem. I think one day it tracked that I walked 232 steps, which is a FAR cry from the 10,000 steps you should take in a day.  I really wanted a FitBit to help with this tracking and I really wanted it to be able to track my sleep too.  Not sure why the sleep tracking was so important but I really wanted it.  I usually sleep really well, but sometimes I think I've slept for 8 hours yet I feel like I maybe got 15 minutes.

My husband does pay attention to things when I talk.  Sometimes I've been left to wonder if he does pay attention, but he proved that he did again for Valentine's Day. He left for Vegas just before Valentine's Day so I got my present early. I got a Fitbit Charger!  I'm in love with it!!

It tells me how many steps I've taken in a day, how many flights of stairs I've climbed, how many calories I burned, and how far I've walked.  Plus I can time my activity lengths, it monitors my sleep, and I can track my food and stuff on the dashboard, which can be downloaded to my phone or used on my computer.

The monitoring of my steps is awesome, as long as I'm wearing it it will monitor my steps, so even in the middle of the night when I have to take the 16 steps to the baby's room to comfort him back to sleep it monitors that.  So I don't have to worry about carrying my phone around with me.

I don't climb many flights of stairs, my house isn't set up that way, but once I go back to work I'll be climbing more stairs and I can set a daily goal to that, which would be awesome.  I love goals and I love beating goals I've set.

It calculates how many calories I burn in a day.  This is all done and recorded without my so much as thinking about anything.  I really like that!!

I think the Sleep Tracking is the neatest thing that it does.  I was a little confused at first trying to find out how this thing worked to track the sleep, but with a couple clicks on the dashboard I inputted when I went to bed and when I woke up.  It then downloaded the data from my wrist to the computer. It not only tells you when you are asleep and when you are awake it records your restless times as well.  So now when I know I've slept for 8 hours at night but feel like I've only got 15 minutes I'll be able to see how restless I was, or maybe how deeply I slept. The first night I was in bed for 10 hours, I slept for a total of 8 hours and 53 minutes.  I had 19 episodes of restlessness and 15 times I was awake.  But I feel quite rested today so the 54 minutes that it shows I was awake from the time I fell asleep to the time I woke up didn't impact me too much!!

I really love that it is so easy to use. I wish it had an interval timer on it, so that I could start increasing my running without having to carry my phone around with me all the time to listen to the timer, but maybe one day I'll find that device or FitBit will come up with something like that, maybe one of their larger models does it, I'm very new to this Fitness wearing trend so I'm just learning.

I think this is a great investment and if you haven't gotten one you should get one!! I love it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five