Week Four: Running the Seawheeze

What a week, started off with the Family Day Holiday and that translated into a holiday from working out and it spilled over onto Tuesday as well.  But I got back at things on Wednesday.

Monday:
Happy Family day!! We all just hung out as a family,  I meant to do some walking and stuff, but I was feeling a bit of chest cold coming on. So I took it as a rest day!

Tuesday:
Still not feeling great today, I even went to the doctor because the cough was getting worse.  I think I needed these two days, sometimes I really push myself and I can get burned out and I just don't want that to happen. So sorry not sorry for these two rest days.

Wednesday:
No more excuses!! I went downstairs and did my weight workout, because no more excuses.  It was a good quick workout and just what I needed to get back into the groove of things. But that's not all I did today, I even got a 5 Km run in and some yoga!! For an active day this gets an A+++, now just to carry this momentum on for the rest of the week!!

Thursday:
Thanks to me being inspired to do some novel writing I neglected my weight training today.  Sometimes you just have to have flexibility!! But I did go out for 75 minutes and I was able to get 7 km completed.  Most of those were done walking but I got it done and it was a decent pace.  I did some yoga as well because I had to stretch before bed time but I was out pretty much as soon as my head hit the pillow!

Friday:
Ok I woke up with the worst neck pain EVER!! I don't usually get sore necks, but today it was like I'd slipped on some ice and had tried to catch myself which jarred my neck, except I hadn't done that at all.  So I blame my great night's sleep on the fact that my next is sore, which just seems dumb.  I was going to try to get another 5 km in today but I decided that since my neck was sore it was my body's way of telling me to take it easy so I just did a shorter run and some Yoga.  The great news is I had booked a beating, I mean massage with Sandy today so it ends up working out wonderfully!!

Saturday:
Oh sick day!! I was laid out with the flu, I didn't even make 1500 steps today that's how sick I was and I am sure 1200 of those steps were walking to and from the washroom.

Sunday:
Still recovering, I feel a hundred times better today, but man oh man, I've not been this sick since I lost my hearing last year.  that and the writing bug has gotten me so I need to rebalance my time to ensure I have time to do my writing.  This bucket list year is going to be AMAZING!!!
Overall Grade:
I'm going to say this is a C+ this week. I only got out for 3 runs and two days of cross training plus I got a massage.  If it weren't for the flu that laid me out on the weekend this would have been a pinnacle week! Oh well we will just start again on Monday!!

Total KM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}