Writing my Novel

I have been working on this for years, and sometimes the writing process drives me crazy, no wonder some of the great authors were alcoholics!! I have actually completed this novel pen to paper years ago, but I'm trying to transcribe the second draft onto my computer.  Transcribe might not be the right word, but I'm typing the second draft, which will make editing easier for the third and fourth drafts.  I'm probably 7 chapters in I'd say half way and I've changed the timeline  because there were issues in the first draft, I've also change the antagonist and I'm considering changing the Point of View, which is a lot of work!!

I'm so picky when it comes to my writing, maybe that's what's kept me for publishing or seeking a publisher for years.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist, not that I think my writing is perfect, but I know how I want the book to read, but it's not there yet.  That and I write when the mood tickles my fancy, I've not been able to set up a structured time for writing.  Blogging helps, but it's not perfect yet.  I am not as worried about my blogs reading perfectly, but I 'm getting more and more particular about that.  I must be growing up!

My niece uses WATTpad on which she writes and reads fan fiction and original fiction books.  It's a whole society of writers and many of them young kids, where was this when I was young??  I think it's great that she's writing so young and is loving it, she will be a great author in the years to come and I'm so proud of her.  I need to get on this, writing business and complete another thing off my bucket list.  I think 2015 should be a bucket list year!!

That being said I started a bullet journal, I like working with lists and I get much more done when I have a list of things to do, so I figured bullet journalling might keep me more on track for what I need to do.  I put in the bullet journal that I had to complete one chapter of my novel, and I did I completed a chapter and a half, I was on a roll!! And now I want to write more and more because the creative juices are flowing, yeah me!!

I think I enjoy the writing processes I'm just not a huge fan of the editing and second draft processes, but I'll get there and I'll get published in 2015, either on my own or by an actual publisher/ agent.  Look for more posts on my other blog as the writing continues to flourish!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract