Week Three 52 Week Photo Challenge

So week three came and I thought I might have to give up, I mean I had ideas but well I couldn't find a way to photograph those ideas safely.  But I am getting ahead of myself so let me start at the beginning.

Week three's theme was Find the Beauty. Which essentially meant take something ugly and use light and make it look beautiful.  So I began to think of things that are ugly, in my mind and opinion only, and well graffiti came to mind, as well as snow, garbage, clutter, but I really wanted to get some photos of some graffiti.

Now on my drive to work I pass by this area by the river where the runoff from the streets is put into the river, you know where the street water ends up going down the drain and draining too.  I am at a total loss for what that is truly called but I think you understand.  Anyways, in the summer when we go rafting on river we always go
by this spot and my hubby and his buddy call it shit rocks, because in the summer it's covered in graffiti and bird feces.  Not a very pretty sight, I am going to look to see if I have a picture of it on this computer but I am not sure if I do.  I was determined to get a picture of this, but Mother Nature and her winter wasteland foiled my plans.  The steps to get down to the drain pipe, were so snow covered that unless I had climbing gear and a way to anchor myself off I was not going to get down there and it wasn't very likely I would get back up.  So I took a photo of the paths and the trees.  I mean the trees are bare and devoid of life, so in my mind that fit the bill as well.

However,  the pictures were so nice that I began think maybe that wasn't ugly.  Then I thought about snow, and some of the ugliness that snow can bring. Yes I will concede that it makes everything look all pretty and clean, but then it melts and it's cold and it gets all dirty looking, and I just don't like it.  So I took a picture of my backyard lights during a snowfall this week.





I am not sure how I came up with taking a picture of the carpet on my stairs, I mean the carpet is pretty embarrassing it's so old and ugly, but I was like, hmmm with the sun shining in, I think I could capture something really neat here, so I played with my camera settings and came up with a really neat photo.  So as you can see it was a journey and I still was able to capture some neat photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract