A walk in the Park

It's not often that I will willingly go outside in the winter.  It's just not my thing, to be perfectly honest, it's too damn cold out most of the time for me to even enjoy the activity.  So I don't do it, but I have a Lil Man who loves to be outside, he is very outdoorsy, even my other oldest was the same way but he got out lot's at Daycare so he didn't bug me to go out as much.

Last Sunday it was quite tolerable outside so I agreed to take Lil Man out into the front yard to play. He trekked through the snow and made all kinds of paths, then he tried to kick the snow around for awhile but that was not enough for him.


He began to waddle, and I do mean waddle, he even told me he was moving like a penguin. "Waddle, waddle just like a penguin." He made it to the neighbours when I called him back and he looked up at me with his baby blue eyes and asked to go for a walk.






I couldn't say no, so I grabbed one dog, because we may as well kill two birds with one stone and we headed West to the park.  Lil Man did really well, he was definitely played out by the time we got back home, but he had been a busy man on our 30 min walk.  He played on the path, explored through trees, played at the park and slid down the slides.  I would say he had a lot of fun and Sasha, the lucky puppy who came for a walk, ran and dived and sniffed all around.  She was very happy too.








Then we came home and had supper with my brother and his fiance and it was a great Sunday.  Hope everyone else had as great a Sunday as I did!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40th Birthday Bucket List

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

Full time teaching contract