New Me

Every Year I seem to be working on the same goal, and for six months I do well then it all goes to hell in a hand basket and I do not know what to do.

So I spent some time and decided that weight loss for me to be skinny, really wasn't a goal that motivated me.  I mean I know that I am not the skinniest chick around but I am not...... I don't I don't feel like I am that fat, I'll just say it. I have one of those crazy body types and shapes that allows me to gain weight all over and not just in one specific area, although my boobs and booty do seem to get more than their fair share.  Which maybe isn't such a bad thing, but I have an ideal body shape for me in mind and I need to work a little harder to get things where I want them to be.

I decided that I wanted to lose two sizes. I am not as concerned with the number on the scale, but I would like them to be lower than what they are.  But it's the size and my clothes, I just want them to fit better so I can wear my clothes that I spent so much money on.  I don't think it's something unattainable, but I have my work cut out for me. So have built myself and progressive goal plan.

I am currently a size 14, I wish to be down to size ten, which sounds like 4 sizes but it's not.  I weighed 202 pounds on the first of January.  I am not happy or proud about this weight, but it is what it is and I have to deal with it and accept it and make changes.  So the big goal is to lose twenty pounds, I think that is reasonable, and I am hoping to do it by April, which gives me 4 months.

The little goals to reach the big goal are part of the progressive plan.  I need to change things in my life, make real life style changes in order to not only see the weight loss goals reached but to be able to maintain and this body shape that I want.

I don't drink much water, so I figured I could start there, I read somewhere that for weight loss to occur you have to take your weight and divide it in half and that's how many ounces of water you should be drinking a day.  Well for a girl that was maybe getting 16 ounces a day and since I told you earlier I was at 202 lbs, I had to drink 100 ounces of water a day.  That was so hard to get that started.  I didn't know if I would be able to do it, but I was willing to try.  I started filling 3 30 ounce water bottles every day.  I began drinking them during the day, and my relationship with the bathroom has completely altered, I am in there like 7 times a day.  It's almost comical as I used to only use the washroom maybe 3 times all day, morning after work, and before bed.  I know a bit of an over share but this was the biggest change and adjustment I have had to deal with.

The second progression goal I made was to not eat junk food at least 5 days a week.  That one has been surprisingly easy.  I mean yes I do eat a little here and there, but I am able to make different choices pretty easily and I don't feel a lot of cravings for them.  I have definitely had an off week this week, but really I actually feel pretty confident that this will be accomplished by the end of the month.  I have definitely given up salty snacks, so it's just those damn sweet treats I need to avoid.  If they aren't in my house though I won't eat them.

The third component was to stop my snacking and boredom eating at night.  I had a chronic problem with this, I still want snacks at night if I am watching television but I am making conscious choices, like cheese and whole grain Kavli bread, or apples and a cheese string, or oatmeal.  Things that are healthy and not full of saturated trans fats.  Chips and chocolate bars used to be high on the snacking list.  And I used to eat snacks at all hours of the night and would eat past 8 all the time.  So I now restrict myself from eating after 8 and that's been so much easier than I thought.  I am even able to avoid snacking even though my hubby is completely inconsiderate and snacks in bed in front of me at ten o'clock at night.  Seriously, sometimes I want to ask if he prefers me to be on the chubby side!

The fourth component of my progressive goals is to work out 5 times a week. This has been the hardest one to stick too.  I was working out 2 times a week fairly consistently when my aerobics class is in session but sometimes things get in the way and it am not always able to go.  So then I have to work out other ways but I am not, how do you say it, the most motivated to do that either.  It really is my achilles heel.  This week hasn't been a great week, I am feeling quite lethargic, today this week, and I can't pinpoint why I also had a concert yesterday so I didn't go to my class :S.  I don't think it will through me off, I think I am determined to get back into my work out regime but I need to find a better routine for myself.  I just don't know what that looks like. I also have to try to train myself to get up earlier so I can do mini workouts at home. so I think next month I will change my progression on this goal as it seems to be the hardest to maintain.

Doing all this won't necessarily get me to my big goal of the weight loss, but I think it's on the right track.  I am already down to 196 pound since the first of January.  Here are my pictures from my last weigh in.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}