Running

Running
Ok so I started a bucket list on Pinterest, there isn't much on it yet, but I have been staying off pinterest lately so that I can accomplish more of my goals, but one of the things on my Pinterest board is the Nike Women's Only Marathon (might be half marathon) in San Francisco.  

So because this is on my Pinterest Board I thought I should try to find a running program for me to start conditioning my body to.  I am not saying I am going to run any marathon and come in first, but if I can even complete a marathon that would be awesome.  And by completing I do mean within a reasonable time.  So thanks to a couple of girlfriends from Saskatchewan who are also on Pinterest I found a couple really neat running programs.  One is for beginners and that is where I started.  

The first program I am going to follow is a 12 week program.  The first week has a two minute walk warm up, with 1 min run and 3 min walk repeat 5 times for a total 22 min workout.  This was a bit too easy, I barely broke a sweat, so I upgraded myself to week 2.  Week two is a two min walk warm up, 1 min run and 2 min walk repeat 6 times for a total of 20 min work out.  Which was still easy but I was beginning to breath hard by the last running lap.  I have a pretty quick recovery, but I think I will do this for a few more times then move onto week three.  But I really like this program and I REALLY, REALLY want to complete a marathon.  

I can't even say why I want to complete a marathon, I just think it's something to work towards, something for me to focus my energy on, instead of focusing on being "skinny" or "getting" skinny.  For me my weight problems are not about getting skinny, but about being healthy and I am pretty sure anyone who can run a marathon is healthy.  My family has a history of heart disease and I want to give my heart as much of a fighting chance as I can.  

The other side to this is I think runners have amazing bodies, so much lean muscle and that's what I want.  I just want to be able to fit into my closet of clothes without having to worry about things falling over the top.  If you know what I mean.  So I will be posting pictures on other blogs as I go through this training.  I haven't registered for any marathon yet, but I am going to look into soon, so then I have a real end date!!!

If anyone as any other information please share, this is brand new territory for me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five