Holidays in Saskatchewan

Well like every year since I've moved to Red Deer, we went back to Saskatchewan for part of the Christmas Holidays!! This year Chandler brought his friend with him and we were spending the New Years with my friend Estelle and her family again.  The drive to Saskatchewan was relatively uneventful, a forgotten phone was the most exciting thing to occur, which caused us to add an hour to our drive, (yes it was me that forgot my phone) but the roads were good, the weather was good and the kids were good!!

The first part of my holidays I spent with my mom and my sister!! We had our Christmas on Boxing Day, Grandma made Hawaiian Meatballs (my fav) and we had presents!  It was fun, then the baby and I went to my sisters house and Lil Man had a sleep over with Grandma!!

I also got my hair done while I was there. I was contemplating going short, like chin length short or shorter, but I wasn't quite ready for that instead I went darker!! I went caramel colour with peek a boo blond highlights.

Then it was time to head to Prince Albert for New Year's Eve!! I had some visits with some friends, some of the visits were better than others.  New Year's Eve was a blast though!! I always have fun hanging out with Stella and her family and friends!! We played Cards Against Humanity!! There was some Shuffleboard that was played and we also did a Gift Exchange too!!







The kids had a blast too, Lil Man played Hockey with a friend's little guy and Estelle's youngest!! He got to be goalie and thought it was the best thing on the planet!!

Then our holidays were drawing to a close and it was time to go home.  That drive was the WORST drive I've done in years! The visibility sucked but at least while I was in Saskatchewan and East of the Queen Elizabeth II highway no one was driving like a crazy person.  Once we got onto the QE2 things went south, what usually only takes an hour to drive took 3 1/2 hours.  I don't understand why people don't drive for the conditions. I don't care if you have a 4X4 if you can't see 5 feet in front of you and someone ahead of you breaks you are going to get into an accident.  SLOW DOWN when conditions aren't ideal and that day Conditions were not ideal!!



The good news is we made it home!! the Bad news was it took FOREVER!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}