Christmas Lights 2014


 This was the first year in many years that I have done the whole Christmas Lights tour.  Chandler feels he's too old and isn't really interested in that whole excursion, but Lil Man is at the perfect age.  So we went to see some of the more spectacular light displays around. We ventured out to the VonHollen house in Rocky Mountain House, and we then went for a tour around Red Deer.

 The Von Hollen house is this house in Rocky Mountain house that would deck itself out in lights and inflatable Christmas Decorations. It was very impressive, I didn't ask how many lights they had but they'd been doing it for almost 20 years so I'm sure they had thousands.  Sadly, this was the last year they were doing the house up.  I was glad I got to take Lil man there at least once, we went with some friends and the three boys had a blast walking through the yard looking at all the decorations!!
 The night we went around Red Deer we had supper at Boston Pizza, I just had to share this picture of the babies in the high chair together. It was super cute!!
 As for the light displays around weren't any where near as spectacular as the Von Hollen House, but they were still fun. I think the favourite was the Parkland Nurseries.  They didn't have light displays but they did have a lot of Frozen Ice Sculptures.  The kids enjoyed running around seeing the sculptures then it was time to get the kid lets to bed!!
I just kinda want a pink christmas tree!!



 One of these years I'm going to get my house all decorated up for Christmas!! I really want to do something fantastic!!  I also took the boys to a house in Saskatoon on Clinkskill Drive that had over 50000 lights and the lights were set on a sound board that had them blinking to different Christmas songs. It was so cool!! The music came through on a radio station so you didn't even have to get out of the car to enjoy the show!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five