Women's March on Washington


I am having huge issues with this meme! One I find it completely stupid and two absolutely not correct.

Ok so I am going to give you my perspective on this meme and what people are complaining about and it is only that.  I don't have any agenda, I'm not a Trump supporter but I accept and have hope that he will do a good job in the role he has been assigned.  But it's time to stop and it's time to stop discrediting our other citizens for their views,  it's time to stop saying their perspective is wrong just because it doesn't agree with yours.  And you are all fully allowed to disagree with me on this.

The dictionary defines Protest: Noun: a statement or action expressing disapproval or objection to something;  Verb: to express an objection to what someone has said or done; declare something firmly and emphatically in the face of stated or implied doubt or in response to an accusation.

So for me I am so proud of all the women who chose to go out and let their voices be heard in protest (noun) to Trump becoming the president.  They don't approve of him being President based on some of the things he said during his campaign, things he needs to take ownership of and explain or apologize for.

To say that no rights were violated is akin to saying a girl deserved to be rape because she wore a cheerleader outfit.  To say that a women's body is just an object that men can treat as they want isn't a violation to rights is wrong.  Trump was caught on tape saying he could just reach and "grab her pussy" and to say that that statement isn't a violation of rights well then you are saying the sexual assault culture in our society is ok, and I am not OK with that.  Those same women that came forward were called liars and no one took them seriously and were publicly shamed because of who Trump was and their rights weren't violated.  I march for those women so that Trump and all men know they cannot treat women this way and expect to come out unscathed.

So in my perspective rights were violated and women came together but it wasn't just women, it was immigrants who were threatened to be deported, the LGBTQ community would have their rights and equalities taken away (Trump has removed that page from the White House website which could be a very real statement of people having their rights violated already).  So yes the first part of the meme is a lie, it's wrong and people need to stop being so short sighted. Ok that's not fair I am just asking that maybe you take another look and see things rom another perspective.

The second part of the meme is insinuating that the population of people who lost the election are just pouting and crying because they lost.  Again I will refer you to the definition of the word Protest this time looking at protest as a verb.  If you don't think that Trump's statements did not cause people to object well this march was exactly that.  They didn't like what Trump had to say about his mandates and policies and so they took to the streets to let the President know that he would have many voices to answer to. Many voices that would stand up against Hate, many voices that would ban together to ensure the rights of those Trump wished to marginalize in his campaign were protected.  So I am glad my sisters marched, I am so proud of them and I stand tall as a firm supporter of Human Rights.  

For me this march was essentially, a welcome to the White House Mr. Trump, but before you get to comfortable and think you've only got to listen to your cabinet,  hear our voices because we won't be ignored.  From most accounts the Protest was peaceful, sure some celebrities may have made some inappropriate remarks, but those are the remarks of those celebrities not the message behind the march.  

I really dislike doing political posts but I am going to have a couple here coming up because I can no longer sit back quietly and watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five