Breast Reduction Surgery

I finally had it done, I got Breast reduction surgery!!! The pictures contained in this blog are for before and after comparisons of a medical procedure.

I'm beyond happy about it and feel absolutely amazing, now that the surgery is a week behind me.

It was a long road, but it was so well worth it.  If you live in Canada, and have back problems because your breasts are abnormally large for your shape, then I fully recommend taking advantage of the government supported surgery.

I was an H-I cup with a 36 band prior to the surgery. Yes my cup sized spelt HI! I had such pain in my back from these humongous watermelons I carried around.  It was stupid, but it got to the point where I'd only notice the pain at certain times or when I had a massage.  I can't tell you how many massage therapist asked if I was stressed out. Nope honestly I just have big boobs.



 These are some before shots of my chest, this was the morning or evening before surgery.  I love that bra from The Bra Lounge!!! I hope they have one similar in my new size!!



These are the after shots.  Excuse the mess you can now see beyond my chest!! The bra I have on currently is one I had after I had Lil Man and it's a D Cup.  So I have gone down 4-5 cup sizes.  And they took off 1.2 kg during the surgery.

Now a little about the surgery.  If you are on the control freak spectrum like I am, then make sure you ask questions. I was pretty relaxed even though I was being put under, but when I woke up my throat was sore.  Apparently, they inserted a breathing tube (I'm told this is normal) but because I wasn't expecting it all the bad things that can happen during surgery (Come on I watch Grey's Anatomy) flooded my cloudy thoughts and I started crying and I couldn't stop.  Eventually they brought in someone else from surgery and he had breathing tube in as well so that was ironically comforting.

Post surgery I have been doing well. I slept most of the second day, I was so tired, but because I was sore I couldn't get into a nice deep sleep.  But now I am doing well and almost feel back to normal. Then I will go and do something and be reminded completely that I am NOT back to normal.  I booked the surgery so I would have the holidays from work to help with my recovery and I am not sad about this.  I have been able to participate in all my families activities and I won't miss any work because of it!

I now realize how much strain my back was under because of those huge breasts, because now that it is gone I notice that it is missing, where I was so used to the pain that I had learned to live with it.  The other nice thing is the breasts are back where they should be, they aren't hanging real low!!

If you are considering this I would be happy to share more with you if you require more info!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Free Friday {Friday Five}