Why Macronutrient Diet?

There are so many diets out there, like as many diets as there are people I would almost hazard to guess.  So how do you know which one you should follow?  How do you decide?

I am not here to tell you what you should do and that this diet is better than another diet.  I am only going to explain why I chose a macronutrient diet and where you can find more information if you'd like.

Now I have tried many diets, low calorie, portion control from Dr Phil (this was very successful for me ten years ago), paleo (that didn't last long at all in my house), South Beach, Atkins (not really I love Carbs), and most recently I've been doing the clean eating with Arbonne ( and this one fits nicely with macronutrients).  All had some degrees of success but none were long term options.  None really taught me how to make the changes with food that I needed to make.  And it was my relationship with food, my boredom snacking activities that I had to change.

So I worked on the boredom snacking, and I think I've won that battle most days, some days, well you just have to give in to the inner demon because it's better than dealing with the devil!! Then I went back to portion controlling my diet, which didn't seem to be working real well, I wasn't seeing the results I wanted so I needed something else.

My girlfriend was having AMAZING results working with Rozanne Pyper, using macronutrients.  She even lent me a book to read on macronutrients which I read, I say almost in surprise. Diet books are not usually my chosen reading material but I did because I wanted to start seeing some real results.

Macronutrients is a set of nutrients your body needs to function each day.  They are comprised of protein, fat and carbohydrates (yeah!!) Each category has a different percentage that your body needs in order to be in optimal working condition.  What I especially like about a macro diet is that you can eat whatever you like, as long as you stay in your macros.  You must eat the same macros every day but it will help you lose weight!! That means my double double coffee is still allowed, my Jacob's Creek Moscato wine is still on the diet plan and that makes me a happy girl.

I am not a person that can live with restrictions. I do believe that in moderation everything is fine, it's when we live a life of excess that we have problems, so living in my macros means at Christmas I can enjoy those snacks, but I have to keep it limited!!

I have been using MyFitnessPal for years now, but I currently got back into it and I have logged infor 30 days now, it seems like I have developed a habit!! I don't find it onerous to log my food and because it syncs with my fitbit my daily activity is calculated in for me.

Here is a site I used to calculate my calories and macros!! Hopefully, if this is something you are interested in you can check it out and get started. If you are on MyFitnessPal, add me as friend jennlacourse is my username!! We can be our accountability partners!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five