New Curtains

Since we moved into this house 3 and 1/2 years ago I have been wanting to get new curtains for the bedroom.  Since we have moved in there have been metal beige venetian blinds in the windows.  The do nothing for blocking out the light or sound and they are not even properly anchored to the wall, they just rest on the brackets so when you adjust them, you have to put your hand up to hold them in place.  They are the WORST!!!

So I have a sewing machine that I have borrowed from my mother, for like two years now, and I have finally put it to use.  It was a busy day and there was some cursing as I was not exactly sure who to get my sewing machine to work.  But at the end of this adventure I have new curtains in my bedroom and I couldn't be happier.

The day started off pretty lazily, I laid around for three hours watching Netflix, then I got up and visited with a friend and somewhere along the way I became determined to make myself some curtains.  Now when I decide to do something I do it, I just get er done.  So I gathered the boys up and out the door we went.

A quick stop at the Collicut to drop off the eldest boy for soccer and lil man and I were off to do some shopping.  We stopped at Walmart first to buy curtain rods.  I had initially picked out some plain jane ones, then I looked on at the end of the aisle and there were black out rods, that allowed you to pull the curtain flush with the wall, so I picked up those ones.  Then we were off to Fabricland.  I could have spent two or three hours there, I mean I love the place but Lil man and I were there for 45 minutes and we left with thread and 5 meters of black out curtain fabric in blue.  (As a side note, Fabricland in Red Deer is relocating so everything is 50% off or more SWEET Deals!!!)  Then it was home we went.

I didn't have a pattern because I truly wasn't doing anything fancy, just getting the curtains edged off and onto a rod, that's all I wanted to do.  By 6 o'clock that evening I had hung two curtains and still had enough fabric left for a third window, I am beyond excited to go to bed tonight.  I am sure I will sleep like a baby and it's going to be so nice and dark in my room, no more street light shining in my eyes!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend as well!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five