Six on Saturday: Six Charities I'd like to work with this year.

I've decided this year that I want to show my boys about giving back to others.  So I have been looking into charity organizations that we can work with as a family.

1) Ronald McDonal House: I think this would be an awesome opportunity for my boys to give back to families that are going through a terrible time and this way they can help out.

2) Women's Shelter: this one is more of donating some things to the Women's shelter to help my boys understand that everyone needs help from time to time and that it is important that you treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

3) Parkland CLASS: This is an easy one for me, I love helping out my old employer, I believe they do good things for the people they serve and I like to have my boys help out with their carnival so they understand that just because someone has a disability it doesn't mean that you have to be afraid of them or treat them differently than you would treat anyone else.

4) The Mustard Seed: This organization provides school lunches to local schools in Red Deer and they provide food and shelter for homeless people.  Because they do so much for our community I'd like to help out by serving in their soup kitchen or just visiting with the people.

5) Central Alberta Refugee Effort: This is a great organization that helps new families to the area and I think helping them will help expand my children's view on who all makes our world such a great place. 

6) Children's Festival: This is a yearly event and it's for the kids, but I think it working with them would help my kids learn that it is ok to help other people their own age. 

This are six that I think would help expand my children's and my understanding of the world, what charity organizations do you get involved with?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five