I've read so many books these past six months

Working in a library will definitely increase your reading, if it's not then you aren't doing it right!!!!

Seriously, I was working in a High School library for four months and I am pretty sure I read at least 30 books.  I'm a reader as it is, but just being surrounded by those books every day made me want to read all the books, even those books that I would generally never touch.

So here is a list of the books I read.

Ruby Red
Emerald Green
Sapphire Blue
This is a series by Kirsten Grier, it's a sci fi/ fantasy novel about a family who has time travelling genes and certain members are able to time travel and they have this big old mystery and a little love story as well! Great reads!!

Winterkill
Dark Thaw
Both by a local author from the Rimby area, Kate Boorman.  Great dystopian novels!!

Orphan 8
A train in Winter
Archie Gets Married Vol 1
Archie Gets Married Vol 2
If I stay (bring out the deep sobbing ugly cry!!!)

Laurie Halse Anderson writes a lot of books for YA that are being used in schools as novel studies because they lend very well to those hot button topics.  And her writing style is great, so here are the books of hers I read.
Speak (OMG LOVE LOVE LOVE)
Catalyst (NO NO NO, good book but there are certain things I do not like reading about and this one had it)
Prom (Super Cute)
Fever 541 (Interesting but not as easy to get through)
Twisted (AWESOME)
Wintergirls (Very good)

Jay Asher has also written a few books that kids are studying now and he has great writing style.
13 Reasons Why (omg this was a great book, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!)
The Future of Us (This book was amazing, it was such a blast from the past too and it's a great contrast to 13 reasons why!! Totally recommend it!!)

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver, is so good and has such a good mind twist right at the end!!
13 Little Blue Envelopes
The Last Blue Envelope

The Painted Girls
Cinder
Beautiful Creatures
Wild
Scarlet
Go Set a Watchman
Papertowns
Looking for Alaska
Innocent
Bean Trees

I finished off 2015 by reading The Selection Series by Kiera Cass!! The first three books are excellent, the fourth book has a different main character and I find her to be rather bratty, I'm hoping there are more to come and we see a growth in her because right now I don't really like her all the time.
The Selection
The Elite
The One
The Heir

Great books so if you are looking for a list here is a place to start!! Happy reading everyone!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}