Monday Update: New Job

Four and a half years ago I left the teaching field, accidentally and on purpose.  I know that sounds like a weird statement, but I left because I needed something that was more sustainable then subbing and would allow me to not have to carry two jobs, but would give me some flexibility in my time off.  I was working a second job at Parkland CLASS at the time and a supervisor position opened up, since subbing was not going well, this felt like a good decisions so I went for it.  I stopped subbing and took a Monday to Friday job in a group home.

Now four and a half years later I have reentered the teaching field.  I am not back in middle school, which is the area I left behind, I am now in a high school (my unlikely love as I was an elementary generalist). I am now working in a specialized classroom. I classroom I have had four and a half years of training to be qualified to work in not to mention the six years of classroom teaching I had done previously.

I am working in a Foundations Classroom, it's such a nice meld of my two career worlds.  I am working with an awesome co-teacher and our team teaching is working out amazing.  I am enjoying getting to know the kids and can see so much potential in this program and with where I can take this program. It's really very exciting for me!

It's great being back in the classroom!! I am loving it so much and I am so excited about what we will be doing in the near future!

Are you loving your job? What do you do for work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five