Modern Jelly Donut

Ever since I watched the episode of "You've Gotta Eat Here" that highlighted Modern Jelly Donut in Calgary I've had a huge craving for donuts (and as much as I love Tim Horton's Donuts they just don't satisfy).  So part of our Saturday trip to Calgary include a stop at Modern Jelly Donut.

Getting around Calgary is always a fun time, but apparently my navigation wanted us to drive one block and turn, drive another block and turn. My hubby was getting frustrated, especially since we were in his big truck, not always the most fun vehicle to navigate around a busy city centre.  But we arrived at 5:30 (they close at 6).

I ran in, thinking that because of the time they would be mostly sold out and I'd be lucky to find a couple varieties of donuts to try, let alone the flavours that I really wanted.  But, Lady Luck was on my side and I found not only that they had a good selection left but the top two I had wanted to try were still available!! Win for me!!

I walked out of Jelly Donut with a box of six donuts. The flavours I chose were S'more, Peanut Butter Cup, Callebaut Chocolate, Maple Bacon, and two others (I've eaten them so I don't remember the names lol)  The donuts were fresh and just as amazing as I expected them to be!!! I definitely recommend stopping in to see them if you like donuts and are in Calgary!!

Now I will definitely be going back and I think I'll make it a date day with Chandler when he gets back to Red Deer! He watched the episode with me and really wants to go, he did not want me to go without him. But I did (sorry not sorry), however, I'll save the Perogy Boyz truck for my date with Chandler and for dessert we will head to Modern Jelly Donut!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five