Christmas Season

Tis the season to be... baking.  Apparently in my house, this is what I am doing. I LOVE baking though so it makes the season so much more fun!!! I love to bake, cooking and I don't see eye to eye all the time but the baking concepts that's where I excell.  I should have gone to school to be a baker, because I love working with dough and creating new desserts. 

I made maple cinnamon buns this weekend. They were delicious. I like my cinnamon buns plan, meaning no nuts or raisons.  But I like to experiment with differnt tastes and add things in that I think would be a little tasty.  And the maple cinnamon buns were exceptionally tasty.  I also made regular cinnamon buns and bread this weekend.  I have my Great Grandma's bread recipe and it is a phenomenal recipe.

Adrian made chocolate chip cookies on Saturday.  They were pretty tasty but I still think mine taste better.  I may be a biased judge though. 

The house smelled delicious all weekend. There is something completely soothing about the smell of baking bread.  I am calmed down and relaxed whenever I can smell homemade bread.  Even mass produced bread like at the big bakeries still has that main fresh bread smell and I love it!!

I will edit this post again to include some of the mouth watering pictures I took as well.  Hopefully, tonight we will get our tree up and it will start to feel like Christmas.  I am still waiting for the Christmas spirit to descend upon me, it's now two years and I am not feeling the Christmas spirit as I used to. This year is definitely better than last but not by much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract