Eclipse Book Review

So in the third book of the Twilight series, we see a major conflict in Bella.  Which boy should she choose??  Does she ultimately end up chosing the right one?? As many of you know from my previous posts I do not like Bella.  I find her snivelling and whiney, and why these two quote unquote good looking boys are tripping over themselves for her affection is beyond my comprehension.  But they are and she must choose.

The whole story revolves around Bella, excuse the cliche but, wanting her cake and eating it too.  She wants to be with Edward but she wants to still be friends with Jacob.  Now in a normal world this would work out, but Jacob has become what he is because of Edward....hmmm this may become problematic.  Bella dwells on this connundrum the entire story, and it's so frustrating because as soon as you think she's come to terms with things she does the opposite of what she just decided and wants both boys.  I could totally imagine her imagining a scenario where she and Edward are cuddling and Jacob is standing by and watching.  If you care about your friend you let him go and you do not cry about wanting to be around him. 

Then the whole army of new borns storyline was frustrating as well.  I knew immediately what was going on, I don't know if I am just a more forward thinking reader or if the storyline was so blatantly obvious that it hurt to read.  How come as soon as I read about the mass murders I was able to decipher who was behind these things and it took the characters ten chapters to finally clue in???

However, I will say this, this book was better than the first two, but still not may favourite reading material.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}