Olympic Torch Relay

Today is January 15, 2009, yes I am telling you the date, because it is an important date.  Today is the day that the Olympic Torch comes through Red Deer.  It has been making it's way across Canada and today it is stopping in Red Deer, Alberta.  It has made other stops along the way, I have friends that have had pictures taken with it in Prince Albert and another friend went to see it in Devon, Alberta today. 

After four years of preparation Vancouver is preparing to greet the torch and Canada is running with it across this great nation.  It is day 78 of the Torch relay.  Canadians are coming out to greet the torch and to celebrate with the world these 2010 Olympics.  It seemed at times that there were going to be huge problems.  Vancouver had to clean up it's down town, Whistler is closing down runs to save on snow.  I don't think having enough snow was a concern 22 years ago in Calgary, but with Global Warming all kinds of new disasters are coming forward. But now we are all holding bated breathe waiting to see our Canadian Athletes stand on the podium accepting a gold medal.

Tonight I shall be venturing the cold weather to see the torch.  I didn't think I would go, too many people, too cold out, all my usual excuses, but now I have a reason to go.  Chandler's school is taking part in the torch run, I think all the schools in Red Deer are, but I am not entirely sure which is besides the point. Chandler was chosen as one of the 12 grade six representatives from St. Thomas Aquinas School.  So he will be participating in the torch run activities!!!!!  I am so excited!!!

So tonight I will be outside in the cold watching my eldest son participate in the Torch Run. Chandler was very excited.  He was chosen in a draw so it was luck that got him chosen.  But I know he was also chosen because he's such a good kid, I may be biased but you can ask anyone he's a great kid!!!

Hopefully I don't freeze!!! Little Man will probably not be joining us because it's too cold out for him to be out there for that long.  It should be a fun evening!!!


* note the night went well but there were too many people to see Chandler while he participated with the Torch!!! Oh well he had a great time!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract