Weight Loss Tracking #1

So now that I have set my goal to lose 20 pounds this year for a New Years Resolution I have to do things to help me achieve this goal.  Losing twenty pounds means I will be losing 23 % of my body weight at this moment.  Since October I have already lost 14% of my pregnancy weight. Having a baby definitely helped with that little bit of weight loss.  Now it's time to get serious and get back into shape.

I have started a Biggest Loser Competition with my friends and my family. I figure I am a fairly competitive person so competing to lose the most weight should help me stay motivated.  I want to be healthy and to look great.  It was two years ago that I was down to my ideal weight and I want to get back there again.  Two years ago I was single, that comfortable place we get when dating someone really wrecks motivation to keep active.  Well, no that's not it, it's just that a lot of the time I devoted to the gym got taken up by my desire to spend time with Adrian.  It's not like he said I couldn't go to the gym, but I wanted to spend lot's of time with him and he didn't go to the gym so we did other things. 

Part of my weight loss regiment is to cut out some unhealthy foods.  I can't cut back on my calories too much because I am breast feeding but I do not need to ingest empty calories.  So I, who readily admit that I like pop and sweets, am not eating or drinking any pop during the week.  I will allow myself to have a treat day once a week on the weekends, but other than that those are no goes.  I don't eat many chips but those are also on my not to eat list.  I am snacking on fruit and veggies.  I am cooking most of my meals at home, well really all of them because eating out also falls under the unhealthy foods category. 

The second part to my weight loss regiment is to exercise.  My friend Stacey got me going to Crossfit at Ignite Fitness.  You can click on the word to see their website. It's a pretty gruelling workout but I always feel better after I leave.  I do that two or three times a week.  The next thing I am doing is at home, I have some Wii Fit games to use and some work out videos. I am also using my yoga books to teach me some yoga moves to help keep me centered. My goal is to do a little bit of working out at least everyday but to have four big workouts a week.  Two or three of those workouts will be Crossfit, the rest I must motivate myself to do at home on my own.  I am also going to start using the Collicut Center again, I liked running and to get back into that would be a lot of fun, just have to arrange my days to be able to do this all and still take care of Little Man.

So far this week I have done three big workouts and one little one.  So I am well on my way to keeping this goal. I will continue to comment and post about my journeys into Healthy Living!!!

Comments

  1. Good for you! I would say, for me, the biggest things not only for losing weight, but for your overall general health, are these few things. No more canned anything, soup, chef boyardee, nada! No more complex carbs or packaged anything, including those rice or pasta side kicks, kraft dinner, cookies, crackers. Basically, if the label has stuff you can't pronounce on it, don;t eat it! You'd be surprised that many of your condiments, ie. mustard, ketchup, soy sauce, dressings, have so much modified garbage in them. You can eat potatoes, rice(white or brown), or grainy breads. Obviously organic when you can. It's honestly about alot of protein, fruits, veggies, and cooking from scratch. I actually find now that I can't eat alot of the crap I used to, because my body is so used to the good stuff.

    Oh, and here's that link about that movie, Food Inc that I promised you.

    http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/movies/food_inc/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five