Wedding 2011:The proposal

August 8, 2009 was the day I got engaged to my wonderful Adrian. I was almost seven months pregnant and we were at his Family Reunion. Adrian proposed to me on the dock after Chandler, he and I were finished fishing. He asked me how much I loved him, and me being the comedian I am told him that I wouldn't love him very much if he was planning on pushing me in the lake. He just had that glint of evil in his eye, I wasn't sure what he was planning, but I was not expecting him to propose.


Adrian on the beach where he proposed to me, he looks so much better without that neck brace.
After his proposal we told our friends and family.  I am sure it didn't come as much of a surprise to anyone.  Me, being almost seven months pregnant, having just bought a house together it seemed like the (il)logical next step.  Oh yeah and I told everyone that Adrian and I had picked out a ring.  It is a gorgeous ring!!!

The Ring, isn't it pretty??
After the big announcement came the questions.  "When is the wedding going to take place?"
"Where is the wedding going to be?"  "Who are you having in the wedding?"  "Have you set a date yet?"


Well with Adrian just heading back to work after recovering from his broken neck, and me being taken off work within in two months to have a baby, we weren't really ready to start planning a wedding.  We had ideas for tentative dates, but we never really sat down and talked about it.  Then Little Man was born and then it was Christmas and New Years and well time slipped away.  It didn't really slip away we were just busy living life in the moment not really thinking about what was coming up ahead.  Finally, the busy times settled down and we were able to discuss the wedding.


Now we have some of the questions answered for our wedding, we are (and when I say we I mean me) creating our honey do list for ticking off things to get done.  I will continue this story in another blog.  For now Little Man wants my attention and I am only too happy to give it to him!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract