Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes

Did you know I love Breakfast?? I am seriously in love with all breakfast meals, and if I can eat them all day long I totally would.

So I found this recipe for Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes on, you guessed it, Pinterest and I decided to try them one morning.

I used a box mix to make my pancake batter, I can make them from scratch, but Lil Man and Prince T were hungry and I didn't want to prolong this, especially if they didn't turn out, so quickly mixing up a batch of "just add water" pancakes I then started with the other parts of this recipe.

Making the Cinnamon swirl stuff was just yummy!! Butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, yup nothing wrong there  (4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon) Mix them all together then put them in a ziploc sandwich bag. making a small cut in one of the corners.

The Cream cheese frosting was also very delicious!!! Butter, Cream cheese and icing sugar, yes please!! oh and some vanilla!! (4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, ¾ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract) Mix these all together and put them in a bowl and set aside.

So now to make the swirly pancakes!! Pour a little batter onto your heated griddle, I had mine between 275-300 degrees, let the pancake cook a bit, then take the cinnamon swirl and spread it around the pancake.  I did swirls but you could literally do any design you wanted to.  Let cook  a bit more then flip.  The griddle is going to get messy, you can wipe it after each round, or you can leave it. It just depends on how you want the pancakes to be presented.


Put Pancakes on a plate, drizzle or coat with the cream cheese frosting then serve!!

I got two thumbs up for these delightful treats from all the boys, so they are now part of our breakfast pancake rotation!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five