Wedding Update

Maybe one of these days I will be the excited bride that I have seen everyone else being, but for now I am more blase about the whole situation.  Seriously, the closer it gets to the impending date, the more I want to just run down to city hall and forget about everything else.  I just really don't care that much, it's kind of counterproductive too.

I finally got my wedding dress.  I am very happy with it.  It's not quite the dress of my dreams, but it's the dress that will best suit my wedding that looks the best on me.  It even has STRAPS!!!  I am so excited about that part, although it's almost made so you shouldn't wear a bra, but we will see what happens come closer to that special date in August. 

Now I have been thinking about my numbers and who's all going to be around and everything, and I am starting to reconsider the whole meal on the beach thing.  I am thinking we will talk to our hotels and see if we can use a kitchen and then just have that part of the reception there.  I am going to plan for 40 people and hope for the best.  I think I am at 38 right now, but that could change. 

So now I have to find a place to order cupcakes from for our cake.  I want one or two texas cupcakes for our wedding cake portion then everyone else will get a single cupcake.  I am going to do blue and pink for my wedding colours.  I think it's going to be great!!

I have the party favour idea already, I just have to complete it, may have to make another order from M&M for some more personalized M&Ms but I think it should be fine.  I just wish I was more excited but as it is I am more apprehensive about the whole thing.  We will just have to see how things go.  I am hoping to start making some more money here soon, but it's all a crap shoot.  But if I put in the effort I should see some rewards I hope, actually I know I will. 

I think if we cut out the eating at the beach we should be ok with decreasing some of those costs so that would be ok too.  Maybe I will even reconsider my photographer, but I really want the pictures from around Tahoe, but if anyone I know and loves in California would like to do pictures for us, using my fab camera I would take you up on that.  Or if anyone from Canada feels they would really like to come down to and take pics at my wedding than let me know!!!

Comments

  1. i was blase about my wedding until about a week before and then i was so stressed + freaking out that i cried every single day. we also did personalized m+m's in black and pink. they were awesome!! looking forward to seeing + hearing about your wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract