Tree of Thanks

Sometimes crafts are simple, so simple that you can't believe you didn't think of them before.  The craft I did today was one that seriously took an hour of my time from start to finish.  The only reason it took an hour was because I let Lil Man walk instead of pushing him in a stroller.

Since this is the season to be thankful  for all we have, I thought it would be a great idea to make a Tree of Thanks.  I saw it on Pinterest and I added it to my Thanksgiving traditions board.  It may even be something we keep around until Christmas, it seems like a fun idea.

So Lil Man and I went out walking today to collect some twigs.  I collected the twigs he just walked with the dog.  It was a great walk and it tuckered him out which gave me two glorious hours of peace and quiet in the house. 

When I got home I also picked up a few pine cones from under our pine trees and brought them inside.  I put some glass stones in the bottom of a vase I had already and added the pine cones.  Then I arranged the twigs I had collected in the vase.  It looks a little empty right now, but soon it will have little cards on it that have different things people are thankful for.

I am using card stock, a tag punch and a hole punch to make the tags, then I will set them beside the tree display with markers and let people add them as they wish.  Thanksgiving traditions have begun!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract