Pumpkin Donuts

Yummy, that's all I have to say about this!!!

I made some donuts with Adrian's help on Friday night.  It was a great time, we worked together and created a great thanksgiving snack to serve on Sunday when the family came over. 

We used to make donuts with my mom all the time when we lived in Wakaw.  I loved it, I have so many great memories of baking with my mom, they are happy memories. I  used to think we were just baking but we were creating great memories and that's what I want to do with my kids.  I LOVE baking and stuff so I am hoping my kids enjoy doing it with me as they grow.

I was in a pumpkin mood, and after the pumpkin muffins I wanted to try to make pumpkin donuts. I searched online and found a great recipe so I whipped it up and made up 45 donuts.  I struggled with the donut making as I did not have a donut cutter, nor did I have a round cookie cutter or a smaller cookie cutter to make the holes, I am telling you it was an interesting situation.  I eventually found a sugar cookie cutter and that worked to cut the main circle but the inner hole had to be made using a melon scoop from Pampered Chef.  Not all my donuts came out looking perfectly round, but they all tasted good.  Afterwards, my neighbour gave me a great tip, use a round glass for the circle and a shot glass for the donut hole.  Makes perfect sense, once you hear it, but sometimes in the moment it's hard to come up with these ideas.  So next time I will be making use of the millions of shot glasses that are in my house.

I also made some glaze for the donuts.  It turned out great and the donuts were so yummy.  It's definitely a recipe I enjoyed but not one I will do all the time.  It was  a lot of work, and I think I prefer regular cake donuts or sour cream donuts, so I would rather make those treats!!!

I got the pumpkin donut recipe here.  It's very easy and yummy especially if you really enjoy Pumpkin treats!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract