Spanish Rice and Baked Cheesy Tomato Chicken

So this is another of my Pinterest projects.  I made for supper Spanish Rice and what turned into a recreated Chicken Parmesean.  I didn't have parmasean cheese so I had to improvise, it actually turned out really well and I will make it again.

So I learned how to make Spanish Rice from my best friend Alex.  I still think her's tastes better but I am a work in progress.  This is definitely an easy recipe to make once you know what to do.

So to begin with you chop up 2-3 tomatoes (this is dependent on size).  Cut them into blend-able cubes and blend them up.  I used my Magic Bullet and it was super easy.

Next take a large pan and add some oil to the pan, heat the oil up, then add rice to brown.  Stir constantly to brown the rice.  I used 1 1/2 cups of rice and 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Now add the Tomatoes to the rice and stir letting the rice absorb the tomato juice.  You can also add onions I do this now so the onions can take on some of the tomato flavouring as well.   Keep stirring the rice until the juice is mostly gone.  Notice in the picture that most of the juice is gone.

Now add chicken broth I added 3 cups of chicken broth, so you make this just like regular rice where it's one part rice and two parts fluids.  Alex had Tomato broth that she added to her water when she made her rice but I cannot find Tomato Broth cubes anywhere, but I would so like too I think that's what makes the difference.  They are cubes just like Knorr cubes of beef boulion, and I think they would be great for this recipe so if you find them I suggest using them just add one cube to your water and then add it to the rice.

Now let the rice cook on a medium heat until all the water (chicken broth) is absorbed.  Serve and Enjoy.

The Chicken was even easier to do, take chicken breasts or chicken pieces whichever cut you like the best and put in the bottom of a glass pyrex baking dish.  Or any baking dish you are comfortable using.  Add spaghetti or tomato sauce on top.  I used a spaghetti sauce because I was in a hurry and I didn't want to have to flavour my tomato sauce.  Then top with cheese.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes and Serve and Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40th Birthday Bucket List

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

Full time teaching contract