New Classroom, same great students

This year has been a rollercoaster of new things. We moved into a new classroom, my team of paraprofessionals doubled in size and some extra changes were made and then undone in the first month of the school year.  To say it's been tumultuous, would be an understatement.

Over the summer I was in the classroom doing set up and moving things around, setting it up so it was ready to go for the start of the school year and getting my own person stuff ready as well. (see teachers do work over the summer)

My classroom is two rooms now, both are used as teaching areas but one area we've set up as a chill room. It has a lego table, puzzle table, a bean bag crash mat, a time out room (this is a room in a room that has a physio table and things to help with person needs of students) It also has a lot of twinkle lights to set a mood in the room of calm and relaxing.

The other room is more tech focused.  We have computers and chromebooks and ipads and that is where the most teaching happens. 

We have a great team this year, there have been some bumps along the way, but I think they are mostly ironed out.  We have some great kids this year and a majority of them will be leaving us after graduation and I am so proud of the students they have become. This group of graduates this year and the students that were in grade 9 when I started and amount of growth I have seen in them is phenomenal! 

As I finish writing this it is January and semester 1 is almost at a close and I am just so excited for what the last half of the year holds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}