Hotpot Studios

I've known about Hotpot Studios for a few years now but I've never gone in, I really wasn't sure it was something I would want to give my time to, so I just didn't pursue it.  Then in April with my dress club it was arranged for us to go. So I went not knowing what I was going to do or if I would even enjoy being there for a few hours painting ceramics.....

Oh did I not mention that, Hotpot Studios is a ceramic painting studio. So you go in and pick out a ceramic piece then paint it however you wish and they fire it in the kiln and then you have a beautiful new ceramic piece.  They have everything from little figurines, to large serving plates, or large bowls.  So back to April...

I wandered around the studio looking for a piece to paint, I thought of a coffee mug, but disregarded that because I like coffee mugs to have pairs and I didn't know if I would want to spend the extra time to do two.  I'm not always the most creative person but I do like to do a good job when I paint and didn't want to be rushed.  After much hemming and hawing I chose a mini flower pot to paint.  The next step was picking my paints, I may have had more difficulty with this than actually picking out the piece.  I settled on three different colours and then I started my design.  To be perfectly honest I was quite proud of my finished project and I did have a really good time.  It was fun that I was able to go with some good girlfriends and we had a fun evening!! I do recommend this activity for a good girls night out!!


I have now been back two more times and I have painted something for Lil Man and something for Prince T.  I painted a piggy bank for Prince T, a Nemo piggy bank to match his bedroom decor.  And I have now painted a popcorn bowl especially for Lil Man, he loves popcorn and when his dad is home it's his favourite snack.  I am now planning to go back again and maybe take Lil Man with me to paint a bowl for Adrian and another bowl Chan and I'll probably do one for myself.  Then I can sell the popcorn bowls that we currently use!! I'm pretty excited because now my creative juices are flowing and I have some great ideas for things to paint in the coming months!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five