New Car

Good bye Explorer
Remember back on Good Friday I told  you my car had been involved in a hit an run?  Maybe you do maybe you don't, anyways it was involved in a hit and run and then the insurance adjuster told me they were writing off my Explorer, there was just too much damage.

I had an idea of a car I was going to get, it was just going to be a car to get me through until we had some more of our bills paid off.  I had looked at the north end car dealerships and had found a Kia at the Kia dealership.  It was a Forte and it looked ok, nothing fancy, but it seemed to have the added features I was looking for, but it wasn't a car I loved.... not by a long shot, but it would have done the trick.

When we checked our mail upon our arrival home from Vegas there was a customer appreciation invitation for MGM for the following day.  The kicker was, if we bought a car that day we would get a free trip to Vegas!!! Now this may seem like a fantastic deal, and really it was but we had just gotten home from Vegas and we weren't excited to go back anytime soon.  But I thought I would go have a look to see what type of vehicles they had that I could maybe afford.

Now this was probably the best decision I ever made. I believe that things happen and that there is a reason behind everything that happens.  I am actually willing to try lot's of things and I have had a vision board up by my desktop for about a year now.  On this vision board I had things for Fifth Avenue Collection, Vegas trip, Disneyland, I phone 5, new Apple Mac Book Pro, and a Ford Focus 2012 titanium edition.  I had already earned my Fifth Avenue things, the Vegas trip had occurred and been paid for, I was eligible for an upgrade on my phone and with some of my insurance settlement money I was going to buy my new computer.  That left Disneyland and the Ford Focus........MGM is a ford dealership.

So Hubby and I got up the day after Vegas and headed over to MGM to see what they had on their lot. I was resigned to the fact that I would probably be getting the Kia but I had to check out what they had to offer. The first car I saw on the lot was a silver Ford Focus, they look so different now that I almost didn't recognize it as a Focus, but there it was, leather interior, sun roof, My Ford Sync and Touch system, yup it was the car on my Vision Board.  I explained my bottom line to the salesman and I was going to stick to it.  We went out for a test drive and I would have had a broken heart if they were not able to meet my demands and I wasn't able to get the car, but thankfully they were and I bought the car.

I am so happy with my new car, it's exactly what I wanted, like exactly what I had envisioned and I truly couldn't be happier about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

40th Birthday Bucket List

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

Full time teaching contract