Wisdom Teeth Removal

So after about ten years of waiting to have this procedure done I am finally having my wisdom teeth removed.  I was scheduled to have it done about ten years ago in Saskatchewan, at some office in the Midtown tower, but as I didn't have health insurance and it was going to cost more than my student budget would allow for I put it off.  They weren't really bothering me back then so it was no big deal.

Then three weeks ago, they really started to hurt, the bottom two anyways.  So I made an appointment to have them removed and that brings us to today.  I am sitting here typing this waiting for the Ativan to kick in.  I am scared that it won't kick in and after the nightmares I had last night well let's just say it wasn't any fun waking up and then realizing that it was all in my head and I still had to go through the procedure.

The first nightmare I had last night I dreamt I had taken the Ativan, placed it under my tongue and it would not dissolve, and you aren't supposed to swallow until it's dissolved. I don't know what happened at this point but eventually the Ativan disappeared and I was ready to go. Then it just made me so tired I kept falling asleep on the chair while the dentist extracted my teeth.  Bonus to that dream, there was no pain in the procedure just a lot of loud crunching noises.

The second nightmare I had I don't think the Ativan had any effect on me or I didn't take it for some reason.  But I would hyperventilate in the chair while he was trying to extract the teeth.  So then they couldn't be removed.

The last nightmare I had involved bleeding.  Apparently I was a bleeder and it was GROSS.  That's all I can say, I don't feel like spreading that horrible dream, or reliving that horrible dream.

I am hoping the first nightmare, which wasn't really a nightmare in the end is the scenario I go through today.  I have my fingers crossed.  I am not sure what to expect from the Ativan, I don't know if it's working yet or how long it takes to begin working.  They tell you to take it an hour before your appointment, so  maybe it takes some time, to kick in.  Fingers are crossed that it all goes well!!!  I will update you later.  If it's all garbled well then we will know that the Ativan worked. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five