Wedding 2011: Location Location Location


 When Adrian and I first became engaged we talked about where we would get married.  I am from California and grew up in Saskatchewan and he is from Alberta.  We had three different locations to choose from and big decisions to be made. I had decided a long time ago that I wanted to go away to get married.  The idea of getting married on a beach had always appealed to me.  Adrian is such a great guy he just wants to give me everything I want.  That's one of the reason's I love him lol.


So we talked with our parents and we considered getting married in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  We figured it would be a nice tropical location and we could do both our wedding and honeymoon at the same time.  That was the initial decision.  After much contemplation a new idea came into being.  We still wanted to go away for our wedding, but we decided that Mexico was not going to be the place.  I will explain more about why we cut out Mexico in the blog about setting the date.


My favourite place Earth, that I have been to, is Lake Tahoe.  I have loved Lake Tahoe since my first visit there in 1995.  In 1995 I went to Lake Tahoe with my father for a wedding of his friend Darlene.  I stomped my feet and complained about going.  Inspite of my best efforts to hate the place I fell in love with it.  I decided at that moment that when I got married I would get married in Lake Tahoe.  I even want to buy a cabin there so I can vacation there.  I would move there to live year round, but that might wreck the magic of the place.  One of my best friends also go married in Tahoe and I still loved the place.  I am so excited to say that my wedding will also be in Lake Tahoe.


It is an ideal location for us.  It is close to the Bay Area in California so my California family can come with ease.  My Canadian family will come regardless and it's not so hot that my grandma will be uncomfortable there.  Adrian's family is larger and all in Alberta but as we are going to get invitations out by this summer it will give them all enough time to plan.


Here are some pictures I found online of Tahoe, to help illustrate why I love it!!  this first photo was found at that Scott Howard Website.  Click the link below it to see more fabulous pictures.
It's a photo of South Lake Tahoe.  I love the idea of getting married on a beach with the mountains surrounding us!!!
This is another photo of the beaches at Tahoe.  The water is so clear, you can see all the way to the bottom of the lake.  If you are scared of heights don't look down while you are swimming out to the dock!!

So those are just a couple of the reasons we have chosen Lake Tahoe.  Now all I have to do is get down there to get all my bookings confirmed so that all my guests can have a place to stay.  I do hope lot's of people can make it, but I will not be upset if people can't make it, it's understandable being so far away.  And thus continues my journey down impending nuptial lane!!!



Comments

  1. oh my goodness jenn, it is beautiful there! what a beautiful place to get married - hope everything goes as planned...when is the big day anyways? for some reason i am thinking august 2011....congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract