Kipping and skipping

So now that the new year is well underway and we are into February I thought I would reflect on my new year's resolutions.  It's been a month and I have been working very hard at most of my resolutions.  I write most days, maybe not for an hour or more, but I usually sit down and do about half an hour of writing a day.  I am working at doing nice things for others, it's not always easy, but I am keeping my eyes open for those opportunities to do nice things for others.  


My one big resolution, one of the most popular resolutions, to lose weight has also been going well.  I am going to Crossfit at Ignite gym at least two to three times a week.  I am moderating my food intake and trying to keep from eating unhealthy foods.  It's not always easy, but I do the best I can.  I have not eaten fast food, with the exception of A & W in Provost, since the New Year.  I am losing weight, it's not coming off dramatically, but it is coming off and I am feeling better every day.


I went to a workshop today at Ignite to learn how to Kip and how to improve my technique for Double Unders (double jumping while skipping).  I had a great time but now my palms are so sore from gripping the bar for so long.  I think I have finally gotten the kipping down to be able to do the pull ups, but I'm not that great at them yet.  But now that I have learned the proper technique I can practice that technique and improve until I can finally do it.  I think i did a couple today, it was coming but my arms and hands got so tired I was unable to preform many in a row.  As for the double unders, it was all about flicking my wrists faster to be able to get the rope under my legs faster.  I also had to remember not to bend my knees when dong the double under, I was able to do three in a row, which is an improvement over none.  Lol


Now I am going to continue with my New Year's Resolutions, but I am renaming them from this point forward.  They are now my 2010 Resolutions, because they are not going  to be resolutions just for the new year, they are resolutions for the whole year!!!


Thanks for reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five