Thanksgiving in Saskatoon

I've always been a family person! To be able to spend time with my family just hanging out or playing games is one of my most favourite things to do in the whole world. So on holidays or when we go back to Saskatchewan that's one of the only things I want to do.  I also know that it makes my grandma happy to play games with us and as she's getting older I like to do things that will make her happy.  Plus I really enjoy that time with my family.

I admit to being selfish, especially when it comes to spending time with my family when we go back to Saskatchewan. And I know that I have a lot of fun playing games with my grandma and mom but it's not really for everyone, and my husband didn't always enjoy it.  Where I could sit and play games for 3-4 hours in a row,  Hubby may have joined for a couple games but it wasn't really his thing and just sitting around would get bored.

Hubby is a doer.  He likes to be doing things or going places so to just sit around and play card games not really his thing.

So for quite a few of our visits especially when Lil Man was younger and I didn't have to work so hard to entertain him or take him places so he could burn off energy that's what we did.  And then I never took Hubby around Saskatoon so he could see some of the great activities there, so bad!!  I think that's part of the reason why Hubby didn't enjoy coming back to Saskatoon with me, and I don't really blame him.  If all we did when we went to visit his parents was sit around and watch tv I'd be bored too.

So the last few times Hubby has come with us to the great province of Saskatchewan we've gone to some of the sites.  He's been to a few parks, The Berry Barn and now we have the Forestry Farm and Saskatoon Zoo as places we've visited.


For Thanksgiving weekend we went to Saskatoon!! It was a quick 4 day trip but it was a lot of fun!!
The Saskatoon Zoo, though not as big or extensive as Calgary, is still pretty cool to visit.  I feel like the exhibits are a bit more intimate, you can get closer to them.

There are some funny signs at the zoo, asking you not to feed the animals or stating that animals in this habitat bite.  Really a Grizzly Bear bites?  Stating the obvious I would think, but then that's also saying Coffee is hot on a cup.....


Lil Man really enjoyed the wolves, they were eating, and the red panda.  He enjoyed feeding the geese and ducks and wanted to feed some of the deers but they didn't come close enough to get the food.  I guess that's part of why it felt more intimate you could feed some of the animals.




We also went out to Mars Mini Golf, which is a glow in the dark mini golf course!! It was all decorated for Halloween so it was a lot of fun.
Every time the ball went in the whole Lil Man would yell, "hole in one".  It's apparent we haven't taken him golfing as he doesn't seem to understand that rules so well, well not the rules but what a hole in one means.  hahaha oh well he had a lot of fun!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}