Cherish Me for I am Child

My mother works for Healthy Moms Healthy Babies with the Saskatoon Health Region and in her office this poem hangs
It says: (sorry the picture is so horrible)
Comfort me when I cry I need to feel you close
Watch over me keep me safe from harm
Give me your guidance I need to know my limits
Smile at me let me know I am your joy
give me hugs and kisses show me that I make you happy
Play with me I can show you how to have fun
read to me it will help me learn
talk and sing to me I will learn to speak
Answer me when I talk I will learn to communicate
Wonder what I am thinking I want you to understand me
Give me quiet time I need time to rest and think
teach me about my family I need to know I belong
guide me through my life I want to follow the right path
be patient with me I have a lot to learn
I need to know I am important to you
be in my life always

I'm not sure who the author is or where this came from but I love it!!I think it's great and a wonderful reminder of all the things our children need from us to grow into healthy whole human beings!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five