Mother's Day

Throughout the year we have some great Hallmark holidays, days that society has dictated to society that they should buy cards for a special person. These days include Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day and St. Patrick's Day seems to becoming one of these days as well. The only two of these that I feel are appropriate are Mother's and Father's Day.

I agree that Mother's and Father's should be celebrated, and I love the cards I get for Mother's Day and the gifts.  I also love Father's Day, it was always a special day in my life growing up and now more so because Dad is gone do I find that I appreciate it more each year.  I am not a fan of Valentine's Day, for romance I much prefer that to be celebrated all year, not on a day I can see coming on the calendar.  Just a personal bias.

Now I am hoping that everyone out there had a great Mother's Day, whether you are a mother or were just celebrating with your mother.  I had a fantastic Day.  I got a free day, I was free to do whatever I wanted and it was wonderful!!!  I began my day with a few snuggles from Little Man early in the morning before Mr. A took him out of the room to let me sleep in. At 10:00 am I rolled out of bed and ventured down the hallway to see what was cooking.  The aroma of coffee greeted me at the top of the stairs and Little Man ran up the steps to give me a huge hug.  Chan then came upstairs and gave me a hug and I was able to open my gift.  Little Man made me a bird house and Chan and Mr. A got me a gift certificate to Totally Refreshed Steam and Spa for a spa treatment of my choice.  YEAH!!! Mr. A did it again, he listened to my hints that I left him,   I then played some Sims 3 while Mr. A made some waffles and bacon for brunch.  Mr. A's mom Diane came over for brunch and I visited with her while Mr. A finished brunch.  We sat down for brunch and afterwards I played more Sims 3, it was a great day of doing nothing. I was so pumped because it is not very often that I get to sit around and do nothing, so when I can I completely relish in the activity of my choice.

It was a great hallmark holiday!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you out there as well!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five