California Part 5

Our next few days in the Golden State were filled with visiting family and shopping.  As I have said shopping is a huge part of almost all my holidays.  I love to shop and California has some of the best Outlet Malls I have ever been too.  They also have some of the best discount stores I have ever been too as well.  (I love Ross it is just like Winners but better, if that makes sense)  Visiting my family was also a lot of fun as well.  I got to see my Cousin Cathy,her husband Mat, my Aunt Vicki and my baby cousins one who is no longer a baby, actually neither of them are babies anymore but one is a young man now. 

Our first big shopping trip was down to Gilroy.  Gilroy is like two hours from Vacaville past San Jose.  We drove past the war ships that are on the Delta.  I told Ade about the time my dad drove me out this way and was sharing some info about the ships with me.  I remember what he said, but the sad part of that memory is that I didn't really care at the time.  Now I wish he was around so I could ask him about this stuff.  It really brings to light that adage "you'll miss it when it's gone", it can be applied to people and stuff.  I do miss my dad which is a 'duh' moment, but I miss his stories and the information he used to share with me.  Things I didn't think I would miss but surprisingly I do miss it.  Especially those stories that used to make me roll my eyes, it's a little funny now.  However, I digress.  Shopping in Gilroy is AH-mazing!!! We only really hit two sides, the two sides I enjoy.  I got some Etnie shoes for a friend, they didn't have any in little man's size, but they only cost me $17 a piece.  I also bought some cute outfits from Carter's for Little Man.  I love Carter's, it is the cutest store.  I wish Costco would carry more of Carter's clothes.  Then we hit the section that is my favourite.  They have Billabong, Fox, Hurley, Banana Republic and so many more stores on that side.  It's the side that fits my style and Chan and Ade's Style as well.  We spent a lot of money, LOTS and LOTS.  But I got so much stuff. 

After shopping we ate at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was yummy.  Then it was time to get home and relax.  The next day we were heading to Six Flags.

Heading to Six Flags was the original plan, unfortunately, Chan got sick with the same thing Ade and I had, and we weren't able to go.  I sent Ade with James to go ride the roller coasters so Ade got to experience that.  I was a little sad because I would have liked to go, but I know there will be a next time so I am ok with it. 

When Ade got back form Six Flags we went to my cousin Cathy's for supper.  We visited with Cathy and her family for the evening.  I wish we could have spent more time with them, but we were under a time constraint and it didn't work out.  Cathy had some cute little puppies at her house, and Little Man loved them.  Chan swam with Ty and I don't know that I saw him the whole time we were there. 

The next day Ade and I took the kids back to Tracy for the night and day before we headed to San Francisco to end our trip.  It was just a day of relaxing in Tracy. We played games and us girls went out that night.  It was a good time.  Then we ended up heading to San Fran and hanging out in our hotel for the night.  The next day was going to be super busy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Full time teaching contract