Recipe I am PERFECTING

Ok sorry there are no pictures for this blog, but there will be when I get the recipe PERFECT!!!

I am a huge fan of guacamole.  I love guacamole, I love avocados and tomatoes and everything about it!!  When I first saw guacamole, I was very turned off by it.  I mean it was green!!!!  I disliked green foods and did not think anything green could taste good, except peas from the garden.  I wouldn't even try it, not for a dollar, not for a bet, not for anything.

Then a couple years ago, I decided to try it, just because I saw some guacamole that looked appetizing. It wasn't the green spread that looked like green mayonnaise, this stuff had textures in it, you could see tomato pieces in it, and chunks of avocado.  I was intrigued, and I knew who made this stuff as I was visit my good friends the Carloses at the time.  So I picked up a chip and dipped in, it was the best and worst decision I made because after that I was hooked, I had to have the recipe!

After asking Alex for the recipe I have spent the last couple of years perfecting this recipe.  It has become an art-form of sorts, but it's not to the perfection level yet of having pictures.  But I have received many compliments and I have shared the recipe as well.  I am even able to downsize the recipe so that I can make individual servings.  So that is the recipe I am perfecting.

One avocado
Half a tomato
onions to taste
half a lemon
cilantro to taste
garlic
salt to taste

chop up the avocado and dice the tomato, mix them together and add the onions and cilantro.  Sprinkle in some garlic powder and salt, mix again.  Then squeeze the lemon over top, and stir.  Dip in a chip and it's ready to serve!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five